José Manuel Valencia Cerasa
has a vast experience in Infrastructure, Construction, and Public Works as he has focused his professional practice during the last 20 years in conflicts related to complex litigation and arbitration, as well as advising several clients -both national and foreigners- in the execution of contracts, public works, concessions and mining contracts.
His professional advice and leadership are also extended to arbitration procedures followed before the Chamber of Commerce of Santiago de Chile and the National Centre for Arbitration, as well as in matters related to civil or commercial conflicts, and before the ordinary courts of justice or several State Organs, including Administrative bodies such as the Comptroller General of the Republic of Chile.
He has a well-known expertise arguing on infrastructure disputes, both at private and public levels, advising numerous construction companies in the business. José Manuel has been recognized by his critical analysis and rigorous advice by his clients. He was a partner at Aylwin Abogados were he led the litigation area and actually runs both our Complex Litigation and Dispute Resolution Area and our Infrastructure department.
- - Currently studying a Doctorate (Ph.D) in Public Law / Universidad de Los Andes
- - Post Graduate Studies – Litigation and resolution of disputes / Universidad Diego Portales
- - Lawyer (Universidad Diego Portales), 1998
PRACTICE AREAS /
- - Complex Litigation and Arbitration
- - Infrastructure and Public Works
- - Administrative-contentious disputes
- - Public and Private Law
- - Senior partner at Aylwin Mendoza Luksic Valencia /2015 / Head of the complex litigation and dispute resolution area
- - Senior partner at Aylwin Abogados, head of the arbitration and litigation area
LANGUAGES / Spanish, Portuguese and Italian