Álvaro Mendoza Negri
specializes in the areas of civil and commercial law, tax law, customs, and energy law. He has been a partner at Aylwin Abogados since 1995 and he is a founding partner at Aylwin Mendoza Luksic & Valencia. Previously, during the nineties, he has been the chief attorney at the Tax Department in Deloitte & Touche Chile. He has served as an attorney, Director and Legal Counsel at Peugeot Chile S.A. and Automotores Franco Chilena S.A. On this area, he has served as President of ANAC A.G. (Chilean National Association for Automobiles) during three periods and now, also, as a member of the Board of Directors. He has been a counselor of the COPEC Group in Chile through one of its main companies, Celarauco. During his professional practice and expertise, he has been the adviser of many companies in the mining, energy and electricity areas.
Currently, he is Director and Executive Vice-President at Ingeniería Civil Vicente S.A. (ICV S.A.), a major mining and civil constructions company based in Santiago and Punta Arenas. Álvaro leads our Commercial and Corporate Law department.
- - J.D., class of 1984, Universidad de Chile School of Law and School of Journalism
PRACTICE AREAS /
- - Tax Law
- - Customs and Excise Law
- - Administrative regulation and Law
- - Telecommunications and Transports Law
- - Energy and Electricity Law
- - Commercial and Civil Law
- - Partner at Aylwin Mendoza Luksic & Valencia Abogados
- - Counselor of the Board at Industry Federation of Chile (SOFOFA), since 2007
- - Board Director and President of the National Automobile Association of Chile, (ANAC A.G.). He has served as the President in the organization during three periods
- - Commissioner of Sociedad de Fomento Fabril (SOFOFA), which is the mayor gremial federation for all industries in Chile
- - Advisor to Association of Radio Broadcasters in Chile (1986-2001), and of several energy and electricity corporations
- - Director and General Counsel of Peugeot Chile S.A. and Automotores Franco Chile S.A.
- - Tax lawyer and head of the tax division of Deloitte & Touche (Chile), during 1991-1995
- - Advisor and Company Board Director of Engineering and Construction ICV (Ingeniería Civil Vicente S.A.) since 1986. Currently, he is the Executive Vice-president of the Company’s holding
- - Legal Advisor at COPEC Group, through it’s company Celarauco (1986-1989)
- - Member of the Chilean Bar Association
- - Energy Sector Tax Law leader, 2017 (Global Law Experts, UK)
LANGUAGES / Spanish / French